Capturing Moments, Creating Memories
Madison Public Library invites you and your families to Meadowridge Library to get a FREE family portrait taken. Families and individuals can capture or commemorate this moment in time with their loved ones - bring along anyone you see as family (chosen family, special someones, aunties, etc.). We want to provide access to high-quality photography for all members of the community.
Each family will receive:
- A 10-minute photo session with a professional photographer
- A digital copy of their family portrait
Keep in Mind:
- Limited to one registration per group.
- No library card is required.
- Space is limited and will go fast - reserve your session ASAP!
- The turnaround time on receiving your digital images is about 2 weeks.
- Photos are for personal use only. Please refrain from bringing props, logos, or other items for promotional purposes.
- Please note that it is against Madison Public Library's Behavior Policy to bring any animal into the library except service animals.
BIPOC families are especially encouraged to register, but all families are welcome.
About the photographer
Hedi is currently the Director of Badger Rock Neighborhood Center, a project of Rooted whose mission is collaborations rooted in food, land, and learning. An avid photographer and writer her work has been featured in UMOJA Magazine, Capital City Hues, Madison365, Love Madison and other local publications. Hedi is the 2019 recipient of the Forward Community Investments Nan Cheney March for Justice Awards, the Madison Black Chamber and Madison Hip-Hop Awards Photographer of the year. Hedi is also a proud alumnus of the UW Madison Odyssey Project and WARF’s Upstart Program and is an active member of the Community Shares of Wisconsin Board.