Live Well @ Your Library: Celebration!
The final event in the Live Well @ Your Library series will be a festive and fun outdoor gathering with the theme Celebration. As we've worked through multiple stages of wellness, including Reflection, Renewal and Restoration, we are bringing it all together with a triumphant celebration of you, your family and our collective community. Our final event will feature an interactive session with team members from Forward Madison FC as they take us through a gentle workout, teambuilding games and talk about the connection between mental health, physical health and community health. Live Well @ Your Library is multicultural, multigenerational and multisensory, with both passive and active opportunities for attendees. We will center the experiences of BIPOC communities, but all are welcome!
As always, there will be a mixture of passive and experiential activities offered throughout the events, including:
- Welcome table with giveaways from Be Well Madison and Madison Public Library
- BIPOC Wellness Practitioner tables to share info about their practices
- Interactive art and making station for kids and adults with Bubbler Artist Cohort member Teena Wilder(link is external)
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Screen printing the We Read in a Flock image created by artist Emily Balsley
- Book Signing with local author Denise Hardnett
- League of Women Voters will be on-site to share information
- Library Card Sign-Up + Photo booth area
- 1-4:30 p.m.: Activity stations and vendors
- 1-2 p.m.: DJ Mirah spins, networking and wellness activities
- 1:30-4:30 p.m.: 20 minute acupuncture sessions with Dr Heidi Eimermann of Whole You Acupuncture
- 2-2:45 p.m.: Forward Madison FC: Interactive Teambuilding Workshop
- 3-3:45 p.m.: Yoga cool down OR Natural movement session
- 4-4:30 p.m.: Community Conversation on Wellness with Jamie Pekarek-Krohn and Araceli Esparza
Participants can drop in between 1-4:30 p.m. or stay for the duration of the event. Masks are strongly encouraged at all outdoor library events for those age 2 and up. Masks are required if entering the Central Library.
About Live Well @ Your Library:
Madison Public Library, in collaboration with Be Well Madison and Wisconsin Mujer, will host a series of events centered on health and wellness titled Live Well @ Your Library. Events will take place the last Sunday of each month from June-August, and will focus on themes of Reflection, Renewal, Restoration and Celebration. In September, a longer culminating event will take place at Central Library to go along with the Celebration theme and end the series.
"Live Well @ Your Library" is inspired by the work of Venus Washington, Jasmine Timmons, Araceli Esparza and Nikki Cook and their "Nourish You" Library Takeover Project, and seeks to empower those who have not always felt included in traditional wellness spaces, particularly BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) communities.
Can't participate but interested in future programming? Participate in the Live Well @ Your Library Community Wellness Survey
This event made possible thanks to grants from Lululemon and All of Us - UW.